As you have heard, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is currently spreading in the Houston area. Our team at Custom Windows is monitoring the current situation and will provide ongoing updates in the coming days. In the meantime, we’ve begun making the necessary adjustments in our business activities and want to ensure that the health of our customers and employees remains a priority.YES! We are still open for business! Find out how our business is responding to the COVID-19 crisis by reading our full statement. Click To Tweet
Currently, the Custom Windows showroom is open during normal hours and our team is performing installations. If the situation worsens, we may reduce hours, limit our staff, or shorten the office hours. Please call in advance during this uncertain time to ensure we are open.
Protecting You, Our Customer
Unless advised by a governmental agency or a confirmed case within our office of COVID-19 infection, Custom Windows will remain open to service both new and existing customers. To protect the health of our employees and our customers, our team is practicing the following measures:
- Limiting the distance (minimum of 3’) of direct conversations with other employees and customers
- Avoiding direct contact such as handshakes
- Carrying travel-packets of tissue to cover coughs or cover by coughing into your elbow and not your hands.
- Wiping down commonly touched surfaces (e.g. exterior and interior door handles, phones, showroom window, and door handles, etc.) with Clorox Wipes or similar twice per day
- Washing hands after any contact with another person and using hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol every few hours
- Using disposable nitrile gloves or work gloves when receiving external product shipments, whether physically moving product or simply checking off paperwork
- Wiping down surfaces homeowners may use frequently (e.g. locks, casement handles, etc.) with Clorox Wipes or similar disinfectants
- Wiping down common hand tools with Clorox wipes or similar at the end of each day
- All installers will wear heavier 6 mil Nitrile gloves throughout the installation
Protecting Our Employees
In addition to these health precautions, we are strictly monitoring the health and wellbeing of our employees. Maintaining a healthy workforce is critical to ensuring that we are able to provide quality service to each of our customers. That being said, any employee or installation crew member has been advised to stay home and seeking medical treatment if they begin to experience any COVID-19 symptoms.
We’re not sure what the future holds, but we are confident in our preparedness and remain committed to providing quality service. Maintaining the safety of our customers and employees will remain our number one priority, especially during this time of uncertainty.
Thank you for being a loyal customer of Custom Windows. Connect with our team on social media for future business updates.