If you’re looking into replacement windows for your Sugar Land, TX home, sliding windows might be just what you’re looking for. These windows offer energy efficiency, user-friendly design and superior ventilation, making them great addition to any Texas house.
Sliding windows, or gliding windows, are mad with sashes that move right or left in a single frame. There are two main types of sliding windows: two-lite and three-lite. Two-lite sliding windows have two independent sashes that slide left to right, making them ideal for maximum ventilation and super easy cleaning. Three-lite sliding windows, on the other hand, have two independent sashes on either side of a fixed center sash.
Sliding replacement windows are ideal for rooms in which you want an unobstructed view of the outdoors or extra ventilation. Sliding windows are also great for rooms, areas or spaces that are hard to reach, like above a kitchen sink or a bathtub. They are great for these tough spots because they are easy to open from left to right rather than top to bottom. You can also use sliding windows in window openings that are wider than they are tall.
Sliding replacement windows offer you and your home a ton of benefits, including:
- Clear, Unobstructed Views – Sliding windows are usually wider than they are tall. This wide design gives you a large, horizontal view of the outdoors, rather than the more narrow vertical view you get with standard windows. Also, the larger the sliding window, the more natural light you’ll be able to enjoy inside your home.
- High Energy Efficiency – Sliding windows are fairly simple in design, thereby eliminating complicated elements that could break easily or malfunction, leaving your home unprotected against drafts. Sliding windows can also be ordered with energy efficient glass, making them even more beneficial to your monthly energy bills.
- Easy Use – These replacement windows are known for being user-friendly. This is the case because you only have to slide one side of the window open, while the other stays stationary, which requires less force and an easier angle. Sliding windows can sometimes be opened or closed with the push of a finger, depending on what kind of roller that the window sash slides on. Because of this feature, these windows are usually found in spaces where it may be difficult to reach the window.
- Better Security – Sliding windows commonly come with double lock cams, offering homeowners better security and therefore more peace of mind.
- Superior Ventilation – Some sliding windows can be slid open on both sides, allows both panels to be wide open for even more ventilation.
If you want to learn more about sliding style replacement windows, or have questions about Sugar Land, TX replacement windows in general, all you have to do is reach out to Custom Windows of Texas. We offer premium replacement window services from our showroom located at 1291 N Post Oak Rd #100 Houston, TX 77055. Please stop by and visit us, or give us a call at (713) 864-2747 today for more information on what we can do for you.