Window and Door Technical Literature
Our technical library contains the residential and commercial warranty and building code information for you to professionally replace your windows and doors.
Combined with each manufacturer warranty, we are proud to offer a 10-Year Guarantee to each of our customers. For questions regarding the original purchaser terms or transferable warranty coverage, see the documents below.
- Alside Window Warranty – Hurricane (PDF)
- Alside Window Warranty – Commercial (PDF)
- Alside Window Warranty – Residential (PDF)
- AWS Warranty (PDF)
- Don Young Warranty (PDF)
- Glass Expanse Warranty (PDF)
- Milgard Warranty – Commercial (PDF)
- Milgard Warranty – Full Lifetime (PDF)
- Sierra Pacific Warranty – Vinyl (PDF)
- Sierra Pacific Warranty – Wood Clad Commercial (PDF)
- Sierra Pacific Warranty – Wood Clad Residential (PDF)
Building Code Information
If you’re a homeowner looking to replace your windows, it’s important to abide by the current building requirements for your home. For state requirements and information regarding energy efficiency, see the documents below.
Building Code Documents
- Egress Window Requirements (PDF) – Building codes that define how large a window should be for emergency entry or exit.
- Tempered Glass Requirements (PDF) – The requirements of where and how much a window or door glass should be tempered in your home.
- Energy Code Compliance Guide to Window Selection in Texas (PDF) – Helpful guide for choosing windows, doors, and skylights that meet the energy requirements of the 2018 IECC.
- Lead-Safe Certified Guide to Renovate Right (PDF) – Helpful guide for reducing the amount of lead in your home renovation projects.