Custom French Doors in Houston
First appearing in France in the 16th-17th centuries, the French Doors were initially designed as windows that people walked through. Today, they’re a popular choice for homeowners interested in adding elegance and functionality to their homes.
Custom Windows is proud to offer a wide range of customized French door designs for you to choose from. Whether you are replacing an existing door or renovating a sliding door, our team is ready to assist you. Find high-efficiency, secure locking systems, and various frame options for your custom French Doors.
Design a Door to Enhance Your Home
Unlike sliding patio doors, French doors can be designed with a number of architectural elements to add character to your home. From circle-top French door frames to custom hardware, the possibilities are endless.
With our selection of door frames and colors, you can customize a French door with windows to fit the style of your home, whether it be traditional or modern. Speak with our design experts to start planning the perfect French door for your home.
Our Selection of French Doors
Custom Windows offers a number of french door frames and window styles to properly replace the doors in your home.
- ProVia Fiberglass & Steel
- ProVia Wind Load and Impact Shield
- Sierra Pacific Aluminum Clad Wood
- Sierra Pacific Feel Safe Impact
All of ProVia’s selection of doors are available as French doors, including the lineup of Legacy steel and Heritage, Signet, and Embarq fiberglass doors. Take advantage of the top features including:
- Available with FrameSaver®, FusionFrame, or PermaTech Composite frames which help reduce or eliminate potential rot which can occur with wood frames.
- Available as Inswing or Outswing with available 3-point locking systems for added security.
- Variety of wood skin options including Mahogany, Cherry, Oak, Knotty Alder, Fir, and Smooth
- Custom widths and heights, and even unequal doors
- A Lifetime warranty on parts plus a 10-year (Legacy and Heritage) or 15-year (Signet and Embarq) finish warranty.
For added protection against hurricanes and storms, the Legacy steel, Heritage, and Signet Fiberglass doors are available for high wind load and impact certified requirements. Take advantage of the top features including:
- With design pressure tests meeting wind loads up to 180 mph, even hurricane-level winds have met their match.
- Available in inswing our outswing with 3-point locking standard for added security.
- Strength and style, the Provia high wind load and impact doors offer many design options, including decorative and art glass inserts.
- Available in a wide variety of paint colors and finishes
When your home calls for the beauty of wood, but your climate demands the durability and low maintenance of an aluminum exterior, choose Sierra Pacific’s aluminum-clad wood French doors, designed with:
- Choice of 9 beautiful wood species, including pine, mahogany, and cherry that can be stained or painted
- Protected by Sierra Pacific’s CoreGuard+ treatment which includes natural insecticide, fungicides, and protection against water damage and rot
- Weatherproof, extruded aluminum exteriors that are thicker than most competitive products
- Choice of 75 exterior colors designed without VOC to ensure environmental friendliness, including options to withstand coastal salt-spray environments
Sierra Pacific’s FeelSafe Impact doors are designed to take the roughest that a storm can through at them, with key features including:
- Outswing designs with the added strength to pass wind load tests up to 189 mph in 4 panel systems up to 12’ wide.
- Standard 5-point locking system for added strength and security.
- Available transoms and full radius tops for two panel systems up to 10 feet tall.
- Heavy exterior aluminum cladding is available in 75 different colors, all rated to withstand salt air environments.