You’ve most likely heard that installing replacement windows on your Houston, TX home can go a long way towards making it more valuable, fashionable and energy efficient. What you might not have thought of, though, is how important your replacement windows are for your home’s security.
Older, less modern window are oftentimes unsecure, allowing burglars or other people with bad intentions access to your home. How can you tell if your old windows might be potential targets? Look for these signs:
- Your entrances are older, making them vulnerable. If your old windows or doors don’t close properly or are loose, they are a big risk to your home.
- If they have damage or other signs of problems, like cracks or breaks in the glass, rust, or rot, they are calling out for invaders to get in without any trouble.
- Can people outside on the street easily see into your home from your windows? If people on the street can, so can potential burglars.
Don’ worry if your old windows have any of these issues, because a window replacement can easily fix all these problems and more. You can make your new replacement windows even safer with a few adjustments and extra features. Consider additions such as:
- Tempered Glass – Tempered glass is made with special thermal and chemical treatments to make it almost double as strong as regular glass. Should it break, tempered class with break into small granular shards rather than dangerous, jagged pieces.
- Window bars – Consider adding window bars for added protection. Go with a model that can be released from the inside in case of emergency.
- Laminated Glass – Laminated glass is similar to tempered glass in that it holds together when broken, but it also provides extra noise control so you get less noise pollution from outside in your home. Laminated glass is ideal for windows in bedrooms.
- Extra Locks – The average window or door comes with a basic lock, but you can increase your window security by investing in an extra lock. Add a locking pin to hung windows, and a bolt to casement windows. Try to buy all the locks from the same manufacturer to make getting replacements and parts easier.
Security risks are scary, but it’s much better to plan for a potential threat than try and take action after your home’s been burglarized or threatened. Make your replacement windows even safer for your home by these easy add-ons and security features.
Put your home’s security and family’s safety first by choosing to work with Custom Windows of Texas for your replacement windows. We have years of industry experience, and would love to help you find the very best Houston, TX replacement windows for you, your home, and your security. Please pay us a visit at 1291 N Post Oak Rd #100 Houston, TX 77055, or give us call at (713) 864-2747 to learn more about what we can do for you and your replacement windows.